<BGSOUND SRC="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5ae0eb53/bc/Music/Love+Is+Waiting+For+You.wma?bfoDtlBBOc0gsgjD" LOOP="infinite"> Prayers of a Dying Atheist: Windward Thinking

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Windward Thinking

Come Christmas Day.

I slept at 2am the night before, but I still managed to get up at 7am for the opening of the gifts. I had self-made Christmas Cards prepared for everybody. "I" had brought gifts along with me last december, so I really didn't have to spend on gifts.

At around 9am, after Christmas breakfast, I went around the island, hoping to see an interesting Christmas morning on the streets. After all, its my first one in another country. Foggy roads, slight-heavy drizzles, and gloomy weather apparently is very normal here.

Chilly winds. Wherever it brought me.

Fun? Yeah. Different is always fun. We had Christmas dinner in Grandpa Bob's house till 640pm. The kids and I prepared a variety show for the adults. We sang, presented some skits, and performed practiced pieces. The entire time I couldn't help but think of what was going on back at home. Then again, HOME has an ever-changing defenition now. Its good enough that I was able to talk to my family on Christmas day (Phil Time) for an hour. That sufficed the next few days.

After the party we headed to The Marerro's residence where various Filipinos from the island gathered. We ended up singing with the videoke (Love Hurts, My Sharona), mix drinks, and I personally was able to safely tipsyfy myself, grab the guitar and sing to myself in a rocking chair outside while everybody else enjoyed their sober selves.

Christmas wasn't too bad here. I have my relatives here to thank for that.

0 Prayers:

Post a Comment

<< Home