<BGSOUND SRC="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5ae0eb53/bc/Music/Love+Is+Waiting+For+You.wma?bfoDtlBBOc0gsgjD" LOOP="infinite"> Prayers of a Dying Atheist: THEOREM#2/ COMPLAINT#23

Sunday, December 12, 2004

THEOREM#2/ COMPLAINT#23

Randy's henchmen still haven't finished the sunroom of my Tita Carina. Needless to say, its delay has been causing a widespread panic in the household. I hate seeing my Tita like that. Miles' size makes it hard for anybody to utter a complaint. Nothing a 900,000watt stun gun can't solve.

__________________________________________________________

I had a conversation with Anna today, and we got into talking bout getting older. Well, being my ostentatious self, i shared with her a helpful tip on looking at aging in a different way.

THEOREM: I read about a minute Japanese community that seperated their offspring from parents at a certain age. You understand, this was due to the working conditions present (which I cannot explain coz I have dully forgotten). THINK ABOUT IT. We, normal people look at our parents as a reference for what aged versions of ourself would look like. This is because we naturally adapted a hereditary intelligence of sorts to badger us with the thought that WE WILL GET OLD JUST LIKE OUR PARENTS. Just imagine if we never met our parents, our aged versions. Would it be possible, to say the least, to maintain a lasting, youthful state of mind?



I'm in that New York State Of Mind. My apologies in advance.


2 Prayers:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>Just imagine if we never met our parents, our aged >versions. Would it be possible, to say the least, to >maintain a lasting, youthful state of mind?

it's a bit like saying, "if we separated twins at birth, would they grow up to be totally different people?"

if we never met our parents, we wouldn't be as much like them as we are today, due to the difference in environmental variables. we wouldn't have the same expressions, actions, etc. but we'd still resemble them a bit.
but no matter what our environment is, the permanence of a lasting youthful state whilst growing old would be the choice of the individual, with no relation whatsoever to the presence or absence of his/her natural parents.
and i quote,

"growing old is mandatory. growing up is optional."

--Chris

7:52 AM  
Blogger Rule Hurricane/ Emerge Oil said...

I've already thought about that. However I was focusing on the statement "maintain a youthful state of mind" having the premise that any environment would dully have an effect on the formative growth of the persona...with FURTHER effect, if the parents where not present.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home