I'm back. After a well deserved rest from last (tertiary education) term (FINALLY A MAN WITH A DEGREE...and maybe more) I'm back for more life changing predicaments. I have in my hands a ticket to the states, an unmentioned cash camel (eeee!), and literally a breath of fresh air. Ladies and Gentlemen, Miguel on vacation.
(It took me 2 weeks of editing, not to mention a shit load of fast cash, and lack of piece of mind and sleep to get to this part of the entry) Carry on...
Can i just put on record what happend during my Thesis Defense (homage needed, for it is turly a moment to remember). I'd like to read back at this for years to come. April 2, 2004; 11 in the morning, but we were scheduled for 330pm. Fortunately there have been other groups defending since 8am for us to observe. I decided to ride with Paulo to school and meet erwin since I had no ride. I was nervous on the way to school. Ironically, i was the most confident of the 3 of us (PAULO, ERWIN, and yours turly) during the production of the damned thing. I mean i was litrerally the fuel to the fire within the group! For the past week we have been sparring against potential questions the panel could throw. We were hoping (actually it was I alone) to get SIBAYAN alone as the hardest panel memeber. Come 3pm we recieved word that we would be entertaining the company of SIBAYAN (horaaay for judy), PAM and MIKE (both whos opinions could be easily infuenced provided that you give a helluva 2 cents worth), and VICENTE G. GROYON. A bit of background on the guy: He was my professor in a number of subjects; the ONE who failed me; and more importantly, he used to handle our thesis group until we bitterly left him and appealed to the powers that be for a "manageable" mentor. We had to keep the muzzle on him for sure.
And so the Defense began. It kicked of with the DVD copy of our film flashing before the audience of M208. The necessary chuckles and murmurings of disgust and awe were all as expected. Even Groyon gave into a few laughs, that being enough to convince us that he'd focus on the aesthetic side of the medium. After 20mins of film the fireworks began with SIBAYAN tirmming the bush "WHAT THE POINT?" We looked at each other like deafmutes confiding a fear that could break out anyminute in the form of song and dance, pleading to God to keep us above water.
"Happiness, is what you make of it" was the theme of our defense.
"But your film says that among other things. What is the point?" was theirs.
All in all we came against the hardest panel the department could come up with and we handled it pretty well i have to say. Not to sound sexist, but most of the time the female dominated groups end up in tears with that kind of panel. We, on the other hand, amidst all the commotion I had to deal with SIBAYAN and GROYON, were able to end with a happy note to the Defense. Not best thesis, but certainly close.
_________________________________________
Proposition: GRADUATION, DONGIE's WEDDING, ROAD TRIPS, and BEACH TRIPS GALORE
OR
NEW YORK
So after all that academic caboodle, I'm recently coming up with a new defense against my grandparents whether or not I should go ahead to the States or stay here till July. I want to get out of here. Its getting depressing and I'm missing out alot on precious time. I could be doing alot there.
I'd continue on the babbling but I'm getting sleep now. I'm chatting with Mr. Nguyen now...maybe for the next 20 mins.
Happiness is a warm gun...bang! bang! shoot! SHooot!
0 Prayers:
Post a Comment
<< Home