Theorem#3/ Proeba/ Desensitizing Thee To Country Music
My Uncle Jeff doesn't consider it as country music, but really, whatever! I'm irreversible convinced that Donna The Buffalo is fairly considered as country musicians. They're awesome though. They played in Freebird Live, a bar in Jax Beach. There is no doubt they're the farthest step into the country genre that I am EVER going to venture. The concert was awesome though. People just kept of dancing the southern 2-step. Even people as young and younger than me did the silly dance. Make me wonder how unstupid I think of my drunk-self now. Phew. There were cute girls everywhere...its just that damn dance that totally kills it. Sigh. Life is a trade-off. I'm sucha narrowminded ass.
SISTER HAZEL on Feb. 2 at Freebird! Lets see how that works out.
Beyond the Boston Red Sox Fanatacism, and New York State of Mindedness, I was leaping from a the springboard of influence of the Raw South.
The Castro-Tomassetti Fire Dance |
Me and Ford Ranger Mike |
Theorem: After arriving from the concert, I thought of how I got into appreciating "that country" music. Well first off, I rationalized the appreciation Uncle Jeff and Aunt Susan had for Donna and the Buffalo. Then, like a deflowered dandylion in spring, an explanation came into view.
I realized that it wasn't just a growing appreciation from within, rather it was a borrowed half-assed passion I derived from my Uncle, and Aunt. They put effort into introducing an idea (the music) and I see between the sound. Voila! The idea of country is then glorified and sensationalized into a more grandeur form for my disposal...independent of Uncle Jeff. The key element here is an open mind, as well as a cultured taste for new things, without disregarding your own preferrences that constitute your cultural make-up.
This explains why most people just can't grab a musical instrument and completely connect with it with a lofty passion. I had to introduce music to my brothers, giving them the personal view of my I loved it. Over time, and with much soaking of the ears, they now appreciate it the way I do...for life. I appreciate the Beatles coz Van Ho gave me the groundwork of whats to like about the Beatles.
Clearly, you could almost apply this to anything not just music. A 2nd-handed idea is almost evident everywhere as a genuine discovery. My brother's skills came hand in hand with all the "inspiration" he got from all the playing I did around the earlier part of his life. My cousins in Florida are experiencing a growing appreciation of soccer because of the way their fathers (my uncles) conduct the sport with a passion, not just some physical activity that involves their lower limbs. One does not simply pick up a brush and paint and simply translate thought into canvas...not until seeing something in between the art. Or take Tiger Woods for examply, one does not find drive to play golf and master it without the intervention of a mentor.
With almost every idea we pick out, there is, if not always, a corresponding "mentor/medium". Mentor/Medium of Inspiration, could also be depersonified. You may have picked out a Book or a CD if a good review from a magazine you read said so. Or you may have gotten into carpentry or dancing because of a certain movie that inspired you to do so. Maybe church seems cool to you now coz young groups of people from your chruch (whichever denomination) make it look cool. *wink*
Men of science call it inflence/mass mentality. I call it the Medium of Inspiration.
I saw a rocker chick playing the other night, and she had her dog just sitting around while she played. Thats awesome. A canine roadie/fan. I'm getting a cat when I get home and name him DJ Zartius.


0 Prayers:
Post a Comment
<< Home