<BGSOUND SRC="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5ae0eb53/bc/Music/Love+Is+Waiting+For+You.wma?bfoDtlBBOc0gsgjD" LOOP="infinite"> Prayers of a Dying Atheist

Sunday, October 24, 2004

(Week 4) Ocotber 18-24, 2004

EXTRA STOUT LIFESTYLE

Average Fee for a Manhattan Cab Ride: $12

Average Manhattan Meal Bill: $20

Average Pack of Manhattan Cigarettes: $8

Average Joe in Manhattan: Braced for Adventure

After coming from a shot-lived stay with Tito Toti, I headed for Sasha's place in Manhattan.

Sasha and I went to this Hookah bar somewhere in the East Village (that would be south west of Manhattan). There she told me the whole story of how she and her boyfriend, Basso got together. Initially i couldn't stand the cold, fortunately my body adjusts well to different types of weather.

NY 101

The next day we meet up with Bettina in Barnes and Noble then head out to have lunch in Chinatown. In all honesty I felt like I hardly knew her. I find it sad because we were really close before. We hardly talked the whole time. We went around shopping. Hardly surprising knowing my two feldings. Sasha knew that i needed find new shoes, so we checked out century 21, which was located right in front of Ground Zero. I wasn't able to find a descent pair, although I was able to remedy my trouble with my fingers freezing by getting myself a pair of cheap gloves.

I later on met the New York group, which included mi confidante Chris Pesigan, and a well mentioned Pepel. I also met Francis, the ex of Meghann, and Andro from Indonesia. We had dinner that day in a very affordable Havana-meets-China Resto. Ang babuy ni Pesigan. He ordered 2 main dishes and I had to eat off the other one just so it wouldn't go to waste, with the help of Pepel.

Later on most of them had to leave coz they had classes the next day. So it was Me, Sasha, Chris and Andro left. We went to J (Japanese) Town to this chill ass place called "Blue". Andro wanted to introduce to us this drink he liked called Soju from Japan. Its interesting how asians appreciate other asian ideas. So we ended up drinking 6 bottles of Soju. Its the type of drink that you'd take by the shot. Although it tastes like juice (comes in 7 different flavors), it'll surely give you a well deserved spanking. Once Andro's girl arrived we headed for the dance clubs at the south end of Manhattan. A failed attempt met as at Avalon and Bob's coz Rinada had no ID to prove her age. However we were able to find this place that let her in. A bland crowd really. An hour later we landed our tipsy asses on a 24-hour mcdonald's. We split afterwards and slept in our respective burrows.

SASHA'S SERBIAN FRIEND


After getting home at and sleeping for a good 9 hours, Sash and I got to hook up with her Serb friend, Ana (pronounced as "Uhna") who hails from Boston, and who is now visiting the New York for some project in her university. The usual stroll and shop around with girls happend that day, although i don't remember buying anything substantially thrifty. Up and Down the streets of C (China) Town we went. We stumbled across a chinese Starbuck with oriental designs furnished on the ceilings down to the floor. We waited there for an hour till we another of Sasha's friends and Ana's Friends grouped with us for dinner.



At Dinner, I met the Mexican Fabian Oritz and his friend Banya, who hails from Laos and I think has something going on with Ana. Fabian says that I have excellent English and is surprised by my accent and vocabulary when i told him that I've only been here for a month. Apparently we had alot to talk bout coz he was a jazz student who liked politics and philippine adobo. Astigagu. We ended up chilling in the same Hookah bar that I went to with Sasha. It was really fun coz I met up with an old time friend, Christina, and she made a new "bestfriend" out of Tiara, Saha's roommate. I was the only guy left that night. I was able to talk to Ana more. I found her interesting, although we weren't able to converse as smoothly as we hoped coz of the loud music. We left the place upon administrative demand. We took pictures before seeing Ana off on a Cab. She dabbed a kiss on my cheek while posing for one of them. What a sweet girl.

So from the Hookah Bar, what was left of the group went to our (Mine and Sasha's) place and decided to chill there for the time being. It was 8am when i saw of Christina coz she was scared to take the subway during the night.


THE SEARCH FOR SAINT PATRICK

I woke up today with the intention of exploring the city myself. I walked a good 20 blocks to Central Park. In the back of my mind, I had the perogative to look for a place i could hear mass since it was sunday, but i just had to stay an extra 2 hours in the park and contemplate on such impressive park concepts. I visited the Central Park Zoo, and even saw the area of the Angel's Statue from "Angels in America". After consuming a hefty amount of digital film on Central I referred to Kina's Handy Manhattan Map and looked for St. Patrick's Cathedral. I walked it. I walked so far and didn't mind it coz I wanted a moment of solace with God. The Cathedral was not as impressive as I've hoped. Its well conditioned and well endorsed. And the fact that its in 5th Avenue New York makes its such a nice Cathedral to be in. Solace and peace amidst the fastest paced streets in the Nation. Its over 120 years old so I learned. I walked back and bought a framed picture of John Lennon posing with Lady Liberty..not bad for $10.

I met up with Ana tonight at Time Square (ESPN Zone Cafe) Shes such a sweet girl really. A little background on Ana Pantelic. Shes Serbian by blood, but is a US citizen who is a communications major in Boston University. I had a bit of dinner with her friends while watching the 2nd game of the World Series. GO SOX!!! They won 6-2. After the game, Ana decided to walk around Time Square with me while her friends take a cab home. We ended up talking till Ana realized that we were walking away from her place. After walking her back to her place in 31st Street, 8th Avenue, instead of cabbing my way back home, I pushed myelf into walking the strech to 63rd and 1st. Long walks are healthy once in awhile. Contemplation Life. Got Oreos for Sash (her favrit). Grabbed a bottle of Guiness and the I-Mac Laptop. Finished Entry. Signing off.

0 Prayers:

Post a Comment

<< Home