<BGSOUND SRC="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5ae0eb53/bc/Music/Love+Is+Waiting+For+You.wma?bfoDtlBBOc0gsgjD" LOOP="infinite"> Prayers of a Dying Atheist

Monday, October 18, 2004

"its ironic that when i left for boston, i felt that florida was like my home. the same way i felt when i left manila"
Cast of Characters

The Balmaceda-Leveriza Family

-Tita Betty- Cool, Harvard Graduate Tita.
-Tito Toy- Techy Uncle
-Mike- 25 year old cousin, jaded by the family tree
-Kevin- Comic book collector, Anime lover; has a Jesse Ventura type Humor
-Chris- All his friends are in New York. Haven’t seen much of him since I arrived
-Bianca- 14 yr old cousin who runs in marathons. She reminds me of Jazz.


Contrary to standard procedures in Amelia Island, Florida, people here don’t wake up at 630am. I woke up yesterday morning at 10am. I thought that I was the last one at home to wake up. Apparently everybody was still asleep.

So by 1pm (when everybody got up) we, save for Mike and Chris who had work to do, to the T (Train) to Downtown Boston. We first had lunch in Bartley’s Burger, which I located in front of Harvard University. I ordered “The Stephen King”. I felt my heart stop after lunch.






On we march. We went through Harvard. I had a picture with John Harvard’s statue. Beautiful isn’t good enough a word to describe the school grounds. The foliages of the trees gave into the accented landscape rendering an uberly fascinating composition. Each college is different from the other. The science building had and edgier feel from the law, and business schools and the liberal arts building were very much attune with the 1700’s


Then came along Boston Common and the Gardens. Its just how I imagined it. We walked for almost 10 miles in total I think. We ended up having dinner in a really nice (and familiar) restaurant in Prudential Building where we met up with Mike.

Mike and I split from the group to go to a party of his friend’s in Coolidge. Like a toothpick, my chain of sobriety was broken by bottles of ale and rum coke. We ended up sleeping in the couches.

I’d be more insightful and eloquent than this, but I’m really sleepy. With the laptop on my lap (haha) I lay down on the bed chatting with family and friends, slowly fading away to a sleepys feeling.

Its about time that I find a laptop of my own.

0 Prayers:

Post a Comment

<< Home