A Few things to say/ The 70th time I had sex
Its been over a month since I last posted. However this next post will not be some story of what happened in the past few weeks, rather I’ll just plug in a brief summary for memory’s sake.
Cousin Nic Lazaro came over from Frisco. He stayed like a few streets away from my house, so that was neat. We recorded our own songs in his dad’s studio within 2 days. Fucking prodigy. He plays everything. I learned a lot from him. Guitar and person wise. It took a few nights out before he finally lost all pretention. According to him the party life here is sooo much better than it is in SF. I ‘ve heard different from Philip and Mike. It must be the disparity in their area and crowd. You should here my original song.
Riza and her cousin Isa came over too (yeah, a lot of balikbayans) But before Riza left, just last weekend we (Ton, Luke, Chris, PG, Isabella Puzon, and Mons) scheduled a trip to Subic. Anyways the highlight of the trip was having to end up with an Icebox of alcohol yet untouched at the end of the trip. This was due to Tito Ralph treating us to a splendid, absolutely splendid array of the best shit man could ever drink on earth! Alize, Red Bear, Cristale, among others. We drank from 1pm- 4pm. It was quite an ordeal having to finish all those bottle…but with great pleasure indeed. Before heading home, we crawled into Riza’s family yacht, then sailed for a good 50 minutes into open water before diving our drunken selves into the safe and salty sea.
Just the other week I reacquainted myself with my cousin Timmy Gozum-Rodriguez. Because of her I bought myself 2 new hamsters, Yoko and John. They’re spoiled shits coz they eat all day and sleep on the crumbs that they eat. I’m trying to fatten them though by giving them multi vitamins in their water and food, as well as a weekly dose of veggies!
Sheeeeeeeet. I ended up prolonging the brief summary. Oh well. On to my thoughts.
Why Naught Rock
There is nothing like the music genre, Rock n’ Roll! Absolutely nothing! Jazz may have its flare of rich, and cultured good vibes. Dance may have the energy at its appropriate time of the day. Hip Hop and Rap exudes a skin deep life style that only a very few have taken account of being true to the beat. But nothing has come close to the contribution to the human race rock has had. The genre has had a universal appeal that make all chakras in the body gyrate into splendid motion. There is a quality in the music which feeds a different level of appeal into the image of the performers/ rock stars like no other. You don’t hear girl clamoring for Hip Hop, Love Balladeer Celebrities. Maybe two of the most appalling facts which distinguishes this divine genre among others is (1) that there is no other Hall of Fame which honors its constituents as well as the Rock and Roll hall of Fame. The required feat a rock star has to go through his career he can even get a nomination to the Hall is a combination of spirit, wit, image, influence, and durability of sound, which brings me to the second fact. (2) Somebody purchases Paul Van Dyk’s “The Politics of Dance” with the notion that in a few years, this CD will be totally outdated because people have better and similar beats to dance to later on. EZ-E was not granted a box set of his career records, and even if there was it is badly endorsed and given attention. Rock stars have been given a different treatment with their music…because Rock is timeless. I could play Creedence Clearwater Revival (70’s band) and it would still catch people’s attention. Underground bands cover the Doors and still are hugely appreciated. The Beatles have been embraced a thousand times over by different genres. You can’t cover Hip Hop, classical and Motown! You sample that shit. But when it comes to good ol’ rock n’ roll…you revive that shit!!! I rest my case.
Rakenrol!
0 Prayers:
Post a Comment
<< Home