SBMA: CARRIE(1), PAINTING MAMMALS, and the UNFORGETTABLE RAGE
Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority, thats the unabreviated form of SBMA. Why "Authority" though? It doesn't sound appropriate. Its not like there is more than 1 Subic Bay for "them" to be an authority among the others. Get my drift? I spent the whole weekend there with my father's clan. Rented a duplex, enjoyed the long nights of hard drinks (beer was not on the menu), melon milk (uhuh), and beach trips and duty free shopping during the day. The beach was comparable to boracay on a smaller scale. Although it was well attributed to the opulent fee that was charged to visitors. I wouldn't recommend it to friends who are looking for chicks in a prime beach setting.
Stunt #1: Jumping of the beach's carpark into the vast ocean while freaking out the bystanders out of their wits. Thank you Carlo and Cholo for showing me the way to a free beach entrance.
The nights were fun. My brothers cooked when they wanted to. And I took a pinch of whatever was available. Half of the duplex was for the cousins. The other side was to the 2nd Generation (Uncles and Aunts). I'd go back and forth from each duplex and enjoy different party settings for each. The cousins had a poker area with the appropriate casino lighting. Drinks offered were "puneta", which is essentially brandy and Iced Tea. The shows that were played on their TV set were movies like Stephen King's CARRIE, NBA Playoffs (GO MIAMI!), and ENOUGH starring J-Lo!
On the "aged" side of the duplex were drinking vodka sprite and various tonic mixes. Majhong was setup on the first floor. Note: We are not a family of gamblers. The TV was tuned in to more mature shows: CNN, NBA (NEW ORLEANS!), and SIX FEET UNDER?!?!? Nights lasted till 3am at the most.
Stunt #2: Accompanying my mom and my aunties to buy groceries in the middle of the night (WHAAAAT??) while in fact they planned to steal a smoke at the nearest convenience store. I refused a fag and bought myself a beer while they chatted their lungs away.
For the last day in subic we visited this place called "Ocean Adventure". My dad was being weird and "touchy" that I had impulsively kicked. I was shocked myself. I apologized bluntly " Sorry, Pa. Looks like my taekwondo lessons are payinag off bit by bit". That was before we encountered the Killer whale show. I got inspired by the way the whale trainers treated their work. Imagine, you get paid to dive with whales, feed them, get a tan and get seen!!! Law School??!!? It is beyond a doubt I am to become a Killer Whale Trainer! hehe. The Underwater Mammals were surprisingly friendly. The trainers did everything from dancing to surfboarding to somersaulting with them in the air!!! Apart from that were a couple of other features like "The Sealion Patrol", where sea lions scourge through the beaches of subic and pick up garbage and throw them in the proper waste baskets accrodingly. Wild! Indeed humans are the threat to the world. Animals post no danger to us, in fact its the other way around.
Stunt #3: Shouting at a God-only-knows-it could-be-rabid Monkey that you spotted while driving along SBMA's roads "YOU'RE A MONKEY!"
0 Prayers:
Post a Comment
<< Home