<BGSOUND SRC="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5ae0eb53/bc/Music/Love+Is+Waiting+For+You.wma?bfoDtlBBOc0gsgjD" LOOP="infinite"> Prayers of a Dying Atheist

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

POLITICAL SENTIMENTS and TRIPS TO BE TOLD

For those who are not of this archipelago, we are amidst our presidential election and it seem that what was supposed to be a positive change in our country has evidently become an embarrasment for the democratic form of government. Asia is now experiencing the biggest change in power in the past 20 years. Around 2 prime ministers are inducted into office, Taiwans PM is starting a fresh new relaionship and policies with Mainland China, North and South Korean leaders are meeing for the first time, and I just found out yesterday that South Koreas Prime Minister is stepping down due to political reasons. Instead of focusing on the bigger change, Filipino politicians are causing internal instability; Filipinos on other Filipino's necks. What a sad sad state. I mean its one thing to maintain a competative stance, but its another thing to sacrifice the nations progress for one's competative pride. Even the electoral system can work properly. Choosing a leader has become an auction of greed and political puppetry. KNP's standard bearer, FERNANDO POE JR. (legendary Filipino actor) is obviously manned by the opposition towards an unnecessary change in the administration. 5 more Filipino actors have been inaugurated to the 12 senetorial slates. Its good to know though that some of these actors have had prior political experience...effective political experience. 2 of the inaugarated candidates were not able to attend the presentation (PIMENTAL AND DEFENSOR) for good reason. The president for the next 6 years? Macapagal-Arroyo undoubtedly. I didn't register in political disgust of the pre-campaigning period.

A week ago today, I went to Clark with my friends and my brothers for a 2 night stay in Fontana. The trip was pretty fun, even though initially not all the people there were tight with everybody else. The best part of the trip was that there was not parental guidance. To my surprise the trip still felt like there was "parenting" to do. People puking, stripping, smoking, and drinking were just one of the many sights and sounds of the nights of the trip. Before heading home we stopped by Clearwaters and brought out a guitar and did a little singing. Kinda reminded me of "The Sound of Music" with all the beautiful clean-esque views around. Something you don't usually see around Manila.

Monica, Mon, Noy, Ton, Gringo, Carlo learning how to have fun with their own pee


*grabs another bottle beer under the afternoon sun*

Last Sunday I got to experince Terrazas Punta Fuego in the middle of a rainstorm. I DO NOT EXAGGERATE WHEN I SAY RAINSTORM. The waves were fucking huge. Its poured 95% of the time. Carlo and Anton were topsiturvying in the waves. Asteeg. Made me wish we brought surfboards...even though we don't know how to surf.

My dad smoked with us...well not with me. I had tea while he secretly took drags off the Winston Lights.

Damn I got band practice ot go and I'm kinda tipsy. Ean and Anton are in the background laughing at my lil brother Francis on how he walks like me. Bouncing off.

0 Prayers:

Post a Comment

<< Home