Measly Earnings, and the Violence, that is the Swimming Pool
Yesterday was quite different. From the moment I woke up, everything was everything but your typical mundane summer day.
We (my hombres and I) woke up at 720am to be in Festival Mall at 8pm to assist my dad and his men to carry a shitload of stuff. My bros and I had to deal with various sizes of scrap metal, nail stricken plywood, and tetanus exhaust pipes. This favor, ofcourse, would not have been agreed upon if we weren't going to get paid. So there, I was able to have enough cash to pay for my overdue fees at the Library (which really sucks coz I haven't finished the book...The Science of Mind. Fucked up and I like it) So after 3 hours of a soakingly sweaty experience, we headed home and I decided to sleep another 2 hours off till 1pm. But before that I ended up helping my dad with his laptop. Of all the CDs, I had to crack (how the hell do you crack a CD) my dad's client's CD driver. So before dozing off, my dad threatened me unless I find a replacement for it. Afterwhich I cooked myself lunch and prepared for my trip to the lib.
Lo and behold, to my disappointment the library was closed. As I furiously headed back home, I received a text from Anton telling me that there will be a soccer game this 5pm. So we played. The field breeze was relieving since its was so hot the whole day. The game ended around 645, and I asked Ton if I could take the racer home. But before that, we discovered that Anton did not have the cars keys, because right before the game started I threw it at him for him to keep. Apparently he thought that it was something else. So for the next 10 mins we had to scurry through the darkness of the field and look for the keys. Later on as I was biking home I ran across Chase Anselmo who spotted me. We chatted a bit before I cut the conversation shot coz dinner was about the be prepared. Just as I was about the turn to Batangas South, my front tire experienced a flat. I had to walk all the way home with a useless racer, dammit. I felt awkward. What was supposed to be Racer-Ride-Home became a walk down the hill of disappointment.
Dinner was a rush coz I had a gig in an hour and a half (830pm), and I had to pick up some people along the was. Your welcome Noy, and Mon. I invited my parents to watch my gig..and so surprisingly they did. The show was sooo much better than last week's, save for Jason's flatting in some songs (the guitarist and lead vocalist). Oh yeah, btw this band is different from Petrex or Narc. Its Jason's Ass, comprised of Chris, Jason, and I. I got paid again Niggah! Word! I spotted a good friend of mine, Pauloz and his brother Mario in the crowd. We decided before the end of the show that we hang out after the gig.
Yeah, so it was already 1130pm (believe me, this is one of the longest days ever) and Pau, Mario and I headed to their place where I got to see Tito Freddie (Pau's dad, one of the coolest rocker dads I know). I gave my pledge to help out in his band, who just ended their practice in their place, and show up whenever they needed me. This promise was long overdue. There was still some GONUTS DONUTS so I was like "fuck my eyes on the calories" . So I did fuck it. After Tito Freddie's band left Mario, Paulo (along with Mar's batchmates Nicolo and Gino) decided to do some night swimming. This later on ended up becoming a basket ball game in the pool. Pau set up the Litte Tikes ring by the side of the pool and there we had 3 BRUTALLY CHALLENGING (I mean every syllable) games of whatever you call it. I got murky pool water up my nostrils, and a bruise on the left side of my torso. The battle ended at 'roundabout 2am. We hung out and talked about the funniest things ever (it would be funnier if I wasn't so damn sleepy) till 4am. Pau, still full of energy, volunteered to drop me home.
I silently slid into the dark corridors, grabbed my Dicsman, and slipped into bed unnoticed. I slept to the Foo Fighters' "Aurora"
rakenrol tong araw na ito!!!
0 Prayers:
Post a Comment
<< Home