<BGSOUND SRC="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5ae0eb53/bc/Music/Love+Is+Waiting+For+You.wma?bfoDtlBBOc0gsgjD" LOOP="infinite"> Prayers of a Dying Atheist

Thursday, June 10, 2004

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEEEK Review part 1

So maybe I wasn't able to leave for the states lasy May, but I am on July. As of now, I'm trying to get by day by day with doing some work for my dad, which I think is enough in a bum's perspective. I've been dealing my problems with my guitarist over a sale dispute which is still sending somebody straight to the casino *wink*. My band's ever-so-tagal recording is being pushed for completion before my vocalist's departure.

A recap of last week's events have proved to be disturbing are totally noteworthy...here is why:

Last Thursday I had one of the most depressing band practices ever. Its was Chris on guitars, Fred on the time keepers...and Me on the bass. This was the first practice we have had in 4 months since our last big gig. Julian as usual was not able to make it coz he stayed in his Manila Dormitory. The only thing we were able to accomplish was a semi-structuralized song with silly lyrics about us not being able to jam in a while sang with a Matthew Bellamy type voice (Muse). It was somewhat depressing coz I ended up getting turned off with what was happening inside the studio. I just couldn't take the music seriously, or maybe I was taking the music too seriously that I got disappointed. On a sad note, were supposed to have practice today, but I'm thinking of not going through that whole thing again. The morning before that was a the start of a "fish" party with my long-time-no-see Uncles from around the Globe. Lunch was merely and interlude to what they loved the most: GOOD OL DRINKING FAMILY FUN. They drank things from whisky, wine, scotch, brandy, beer to occasional glasses of water. The fun (for me at least) ended at around 8pm in the Ejercito's house just when the Pale Pilsen was brought out. My Uncles are the best story tellers and comedians EVER! They're also family oriented with our family that no wonder the whole clan sticks together like glue. My Uncle Willie and Frankie, who I discovered later on in the party were Beatle's fans, requested guitars with the accompaniment of the piano (Kuya Mico) melodically arranged to the impromtu performances to the tunes of the Fab Four.

Saturday was my cousin Dongie's Wedding day. He married a fine young by the name of Jenn. She has this beautiful personality which really draws you towards her. Shes real, thats why I understand why Donj asked her to be his wife. Santuario de San Antonion was were the wedding was held. Cousins, Uncles, Aunties, Lolas, and Lolos were everywhere...information overload. I had to ask other family memeber how some relatives was related to us. 2 present senetors were at the wedding standing as sponsors to the lovely couple. On a confused note, knowing that they are related to the family now is either a sign of relief or *****. I do enjoy their family's company don't get me wrong. Oh, I have to run. To the gym I go. I shall continue this sharing as soon as I find time.

Song of the moment: Blackout by Muse

Don't kid yourself
And don't fool yourself
This love's too good to last
And I'm too old to dream

Don't grow up too fast
And don't embrace the past
This life's too good to last
And I'm too young to care

Don't kid yourself
And don't fool yourself
This life could be the last
And we're too young to see

0 Prayers:

Post a Comment

<< Home